Happy New Year, dear readers! Thanks to all who shared and participated in the 2011 Cheese Ball Invitational here at Cheese and Champagne. We loved the enthusiasm and dedication to the cause of launching the once-lowly cheese ball to new heights of culinary glory. Without further ado, let me introduce the 2011 Cheese Ball contenders.
1. Cheese Chick‘s Holiday Cheeseball with Goat Cheese & Bacon
2. The Fromagette‘s Aged Cheddar + Guinness Caramelized Shallot Ball
3. Madame Fromage‘s Point Reyes Pine Cone
4. Quick Pickled‘s Mom’s Cheese Ball
5. Just Putzing‘s Festive Cheese Rounds
6. Colleen‘s Bourbon Bacon Cheese Ball
We hope you give one or more of these recipes a try at your next gathering. (Cheese ball Super Bowl party, anyone?) And stay tuned… we’ve asked some guest judges to determine who takes home the virtual crown as 2011′s Queen of the Cheese Balls.